Department: Civil Engineering
Type of the event: National symposium
The workshop in brief:
The purpose of the symposium was to discuss the environmental impact of structures and speak about the alternative solutions that can make a significant changes in reducing the impact of structures on the environment.
Participants: 35 (Academicians and students from the Engineering Faculty)
Date and time: December 10, 2020.
Place: Tishk International University Sulaimani Conference Hall
- First Session
- 10:35 – 10:40 Welcoming Speech Mr.Ilham Ibrahim
- 10:40 – 11:10 First Speech by Brwa Ahmed Corrosion In Structural Steel And Its Impact On The Structures
- 11:10 – 11:15 Question and Answer
- 11:15 – 11:30 Rest Break
- Second Session
- 11:30 – 11:35 Welcoming speech and introduction to the second session
- 11:35 – 12:05 Second Speech by Kaywan Osman Environmental Impacts of Dam Structures.
- 12:05-12:10 Question and Answer distribution
- 12:15 End of the workshop
- 12:10-12:15 Presenters & Organizers certificate
Presenters names and affiliations:
The speakers of the symposium are:
- Mr. Kaywan Osman, Tishk International University Sulaimani.
- Mr. Brwa Ahmed, Tishk International University Sulaimani.
Outcome of the workshop:
The presenters have mainly discussed these points and suggested different solutions that are available;
- Corrosion and its evolution as a destructive agent in building structures.
- New methods and technologies for preventing corrosion in steel structures.
- Dam structures importance globally were discussed.
- Suggestions based on the regulations from the Iraqi ministry of agriculture and the ministry of dams and water resources were discussed and evaluated regarding the dam’s location and structures to prevent and reduce their inverse environmental impact.