Department: Civil Engineering
Type of the workshop: National Workshop
The workshop in brief:
The purpose of this workshop is to gather experts and academicians to discuss problems related with the capacity of the skilled job candidates (HCD), problems faced on the construction sites, new trends that can be discovered in the job markets, job and study opportunities abroad and the outcome of the research (job crisis due to Covid 19) will be shared with the audience.
Number of participants: 100 participants.
Date and time:
February 15, 2021.
Tishk International University Sulaimani
- 10:35 – 10:40 Welcoming Speech
- 10:40 – 11:00 First Speech by Bakhtyar Kamal Talabani
- 11:00 – 11:05 Question and Answer
- 11:05 – 11:25 Second Speech by Hasty Shwan
- 11:25 – 11:30 Question and Answer
- 11:30 – 11:50 Third Speech by Zana Jalal
- 11:50 – 11:55 Question and Answer
11:55 – 12: 10 Coffee Break
- 12:10 – 12:30 Fourth Speech by Aras Ahmed
- 12:30 – 12:35 Question and Answer
- 12:35 – 12:55 Fifth Speech by Brwa Ahmed
- 12:55 – 13:00 Presenters & Organizers certificate distribution
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch Period
- 14:00 End of the workshop
Presenters names and affiliations:
- The speakers of the workshop are;
- Bakhtyar Kamal Talabany – Sulaimani Polytechnic University
- Zana Jalal Tahir – Colorado State University – USA
- Hasty Shwan – Co-founder and CEO of Geomount Inc. Canada.
- Araz Ahmed Hamza – Raparin University
- Brwa Ahmed – TIU Sulaimani
Outcome of the workshop:
The topics that were discussed mainly were ;
- Features and characteristics of the desired professional job candidates in the market and industry.
- The importance of pursuing a professional career in the USA, and the impact of such a career on individual and societal levels for the Kurdistan region.
- New trends in the construction sector that can be discovered.
- Job Crisis Due to Covid 19
- The problems faced on the construction sites, specifically for the new graduates