The workshop in brief:
- The aims of the workshop:
- Introduction to orthodontic.
- How to select a patient.
- The cause of malocclusion and its prevention from early age.
- At which age we should start orthodontic treatment.
- How to use removable appliance.
- Study model and cephalometric analysis.
- How to select arch wire and proper position of bracket.
- Treatment of class 1,2,3 malocclusion.
- deep bite and open bite treatment.
- how to use mini screw in orthodontic.
- leveling and alignment in orthodontic.
- space gaining and closing +midline correction.
- lingual approach as new way for orthodontic treatment prevent relapsing in orthodontic clean.
- 60 dentist Participants had attended the workshop.
- Workshop profit: 6000$.
Date and time: 22th-23th November 2018 – 09:00 AM
Place: Faculty of Dentistry – TIU
The workshop includes 16 modules full clinical:
- Normal occlusion with ideal occlusion.
- Cast analysis.
- Cephalometric errors.
- Problem oriented approach.
- Comprehensive orthodontic.
- Biomechanics and type of tooth movement.
- Expansion in orthodontic.
- Optimization of orthodontic elastics.
- Impacted canines.
- Management of deep bite malocclusion.
- Extraction vs non extraction decision.
- Treatment of class 3 in growing patient.
- Finishing and retention in orthodontic.
- Patients follow up, training and group discussion.
Presenters names and affiliations:
The workshop was presented by 9 local speakers and 7 international speakers
- Rawan Dizayi (senior in Khanzad teaching center).
- Anis Mahmud.
- Prof. Dr. Omar Fewzi (lecturer in HMU/Dentistry Faculty.
- Sangar Hamid (senior in Khanzad teaching center).
- Samir Al-Halabiya.
- Dr. Fakhri Al-Fatlawi (Head of Iraq Dental Association).
- Haval Jalal (lecturer in Technical Institute).
- Mulheim Dumeirieh.
- Zaid AL-Dewachy.
- Mehemed Hilmi.
- Joseph Boserhal.
- Dr. Anwar Ahmad.