Faculty: Faculty of Engineering
Department: Surveying and Geomatics Engineering
Type of the workshop: Internationa Workshop
The workshop in brief:
The Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Department at Tishk International University organized its 1st International Workshop under the title “Navigation of Visually Impaired People“, by Ahmad Faiz Talabany and Rozhgar Qarani, scheduled to be held on April 14th, 2022, at 14:00 ( Baghdad GTM +3). The workshop was highlight the current navigation technologies and their applications for the navigation of visually impaired people. The first session was about the current navigation technologies (The satellite positioning systems in particular). The second session was about the navigation of visually impaired people highlighting the nature of their navigation and the role of the technology in improving their navigation experience.
No. Physical Attendances: 23
No. Online Participants: 69
Date and time: 14.April.2022
Place: TIU, Education Building, #302
1. The satellite positioning systems in particular
2. Navigation of Blind and Partially Sighted People (BPSP)
Presenters names and affiliations:
1. Ahmad Faiz Talabany, Civil Engineering Department, Nottingham University, UK
2. Rozhgar Qarani Ismail, Geomatics Engineering Department, Salahaddin University, Iraq.
Outcome of the workshop:
1. increased security and service for our impaired people in our region to bring a solution which would help the visually impaired in the daily life and making life easier for them.
2. the main point of the outcome of our workshop to updating our curriculum more applicable to serve our sociating based on marketing needs especially for the visually impaired peoples.