Faculty: Faculty of Pharmacy
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
The Faculty of Pharmacy, Tishk International University organised a national 16th December 2021. The goal of NPW-3/2021 is to explore the various types of particulate drug delivery system like nanoparticles, liposome, niosomes, phytosome, ethiosomes, resealed RBCs, carbon particles etc regarding composition, preparation and application in order to achieve better and targeted drug release.
Participants: 150 people
Date and time: December, 16, 2021
Place: On-Campus | Hall 302 | Education building | Tishk International University – Erbil
4 sessions topics:
- Advancement and Opportunities in Particulate Drug Delivery System.
- Role of Fast Dissolving Tablets in Herbal Drug delivery.
- CRISPR-Cas9 in between gene therapy and drug delivery.
- Design and Synthesis of Anti-diabetic Medication for Particulate Drug Delivery System.
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Dr. Sharad Visht, Asst. Prof at Pharmacy Faculty, TIU
- Dr. Rozhan Arif, Asst. Lecturer at TIU/ Pharmacy Faculty
- Dr. Ahmad Hamdy Ibrahim, Lecturer at TIU/Pharmacy Faculty
- Dr. M.Javed Naim Asst. Prof at Pharmacy Faculty, TIU
Outcome of the workshop:
Participants in this workshop, attendees should be able to: Discuss the basics, advancements, and opportunities of particulate drug delivery systems. Differentiate among particulate drug delivery systems. Understand the different properties of drugs, excipients to develop particulate drug delivery systems. Discuss emerging trends and challenges in particulate drug delivery systems. Development of new and novel particulate drug delivery systems. Development of herbal particulate drug delivery systems.