Department: Computer Engineering
Type of the workshop: International Workshop
The workshop in brief:
The workshop is intended to give the audience with a comprehensive overview on the novel swarm-based metaheuristic algorithm which depends on the behavior of nomadic people, known as “Nomadic People Optimizer (NPO)” which simulates the nature of these people in their movement and searches for sources of life (such as water or grass for grazing) and used to solve several optimization problems such as Engineering problems, combinatorial Testing problems.
The workshop will also highlight the detection of image forgery and manipulation using the Expectation Maximization Algorithm to prevent the misuse of technology that can lead to crime or fraud. Along with a comprehensive overview on artificially intelligent robots that are the bridge between robotics and AI.
Participants: 32 attendees
Date and time: February 25, 2021.
Place: “Run the world” virtual conferencing platform and TIU conference hall 302.
- Nomadic People Optimizer Algorithm and its Applications.
- Digital Image Forgery Detection based on Expectation Maximization Algorithm.
- AI and Robotics.
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Assoc. Prof Dr. Abdul-Rahman Ahmed Alsewari, Faculty of Computing, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohammed Hazim Alkawaz, School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Dr. Goran Abdulrahman Mohammed, University of Koya, Faculty of Engineering.
Outcome of the workshop:
- Highlighting research challenges and the security issues of these emerging vehicular network technology.
- Solving several optimization problems such as Engineering problems, combinatorial Testing problems using NPO.
- Highlighting the latest research and technology developments on artificial intelligence and Robotics.