The workshop in brief:
The aims of the workshop:
• How to diagnose a dysfunction of the articulatory system?
• How to carry out a detailed occlusal examination
• How to revise the use of a face bow?
• How to understand when to use splints
• How to understand the treatment ladder within TMD and when to refer?
• Understand Centric Relation and when to use this position
• Bruxism and its repercussions.
• Acquire skills to perform a TMJ/Occlusal examination
• Learn the co-diagnostic process of the examination and how to ask future focus questions
• Evaluate the masticatory system for instability in the TM joints, muscles and teeth
• Verify how to do a correct face-bow transfer and why it is critical to both the diagnostic and restorative phases of treatment
• Revisit using the face-bow transfer and CR record on a semi- adjustable articulator
• Begin the implementation process to establish the process of complete dentistry 30 dentists participated in the workshop Workshop profit: 2500$
Date and time: 24th,25th,26th December, 2018 09:00am
Place: TIU -Faculty of Dentistry
TMD and occlusal examination
Diagnosis of articular dysfunction
Bruxism and its management
Importance of Centric relation
Importance of Face-bow in diagnosis and treatment
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Dr. Riaz Syed from UK Membership of Joint Dental Faculties of the Royal College of Surgeons England and an internal examiner for the Overseas Registration Exam and License in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons England.