Faculty: TIU – Rectorate
Department: TIU – Quality Assurance office
The workshop in brief:
A workshop on Program Assessment was organized by the Quality Assurance (QA) office at Tishk International University and presented by Dr. Samira T. Saeed, Director of QA on December 4, 2019. This workshop focused on the program assessment process and its implementation for curriculum improvement purposes at the University. Program assessment is an integral part of academic programs run at academic departments. The academic programs offered at higher education institutions should be assessed in a regular manner and in a systematic way. The assessment helps in measuring the program learning outcomes and assures the fulfillment of objectives set forth. The workshop aimed at the followings:
- Demonstrate and understand the process of program assessment, its components and plans;
- Develop and review well-structured and stated missions, objectives and learning outcomes;
- Conduct effective and sustainable assessment plans including strategies and methods to collect data;
- Understand the link between objectives and program learning outcomes; and
- Comprehend and use results for program revisions and continuous improvement.
The process of Program Assessment is planned to be efficiently integrated into the quality assurance and curriculum review process at Tishk International University.
Number of participants: 20 staff attended the workshop.
Date and time: December 4, 2019 (15:00-17:00 PM)
Place: TIU, Education Building
- Fundamentals of program assessment.
- Designing a program assessment plan.
- Revising mission, objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Collecting data and analyzing results.
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Dr. Samira T. Saeed, QA Director, TIU.
Outcome(s) of the workshop:
The process of Program Assessment is planned to be efficiently integrated into the quality assurance and curriculum review process at Tishk International University. The next stage will focus on revising the mission statements, program objectives, and PLOs and apply the mapping process to them as preparation for the assessment process of the academic programs.