Department: International Relations and Diplomacy
The Department of International Relations and Diplomacy at TIU together with the UNAMI Human Rights Office held a workshop in commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Human Rights Day on December 10th.. The workshop was attended by the esteemed President of the University, the staff, representing UNAMI and the academics of our premier TIU, our studious students, representatives of NGO and the Human Rights activists. The workshop was carried on with divergent activities ranging from Speeches by some of the university Students, and UNAMI Human Rights Office representatives. Among others, to an outdoor activity which is organized by the dean of students, 50 staff and students participated with the aim of promoting human rights.
Overall, this was a great opportunity for the staff, students and others to interact with one another as well as the day of remembering this important day. The question of the significance of human rights and the Human Rights Declaration were among some of the topics addressed by the presenters. One aspect that was alluded to was the need for honoring of human rights around the world, and the end of the violation of all Human Rights was emphasized.
Place: Tishk International University-Main Building
- 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Justice and International Human Rights.
- Dr.Hawraman Aziz – Lecturer in IRD Department- TIU.
- Dr.Idris Hadi – President of TIU.
- Mr.Diya Butros – Head of the Independent Board of Human Rights-KRG.
- Ms.Michelle Bachelet – UN High Commissioner of Human Rights.
- Yoshiko Hassumi – Head of Human Rights Office – UNAMI, Erbil.
- Mr.Shwan Sabir – Head of the Justice for Prisoners Network.
- Ms.Helen Amjad – IRD department (student).
- Ms.Hero Ismaeel – Law department (student).
- Mr.Yasser Baha – IRD department.
- Mr.Eric Husketh – Human Rights Officer UNAMI.