Department: Computer Engineering
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
Students are the most valuable assets in the university. Due to increasing number of private universities in the recent years, there is a competition to gain more students. University must take care of her students which can be done via class advisors in each department. However, the student advisory is not active nowadays, so one of the objectives of the workshop is to activate class advisory. The workshop gathered all the class advisors to collect the information regarding the satisfaction of students in the university.
Participants: 25 attendees (on-campus)
Date and time: December 08, 2020.
Place: Tishk International University – Main building Hall 209, Hall 212, Hall 213.
Session 1: a brief introductory to academic advisory
Session 2: simultaneous presentations
- Room 209
- Room 212
- Room 213
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Asst. Lecturer Muhammed Anwar, Computer Engineering, TIU.
- Asst. Lecturer Mohammed Abdulghani, Computer Engineering, TIU.
- Dr. Muhammed Ali Namuq, Petroleum and Mining Engineering, TIU.
- Asst. Lecturer Rozh Ismael Abdulmajed, Survey Engineering, TIU.
Outcome of the workshop:
- Providing academic and social support. Students require someone to listen to them
- Its crucial to give the students a chance to speak up about their problems by providing them with a suitable environment.
- Create a link between students and the advisor found to be important and has a great impact on creating trust between both sides.
- Most of the time, advisors find it hard to follow up with all the student related cases due to time and other academic responsibilities.