Faculty of FASE
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
The workshop was on the Humanitarian Crisis of Refugees on the border of Poland and Belarus in order to explain the refugees’ crisis and at the same time providing a clearer view for the students and the staff to understand the issue since a huge number of Kurdish people were involved in the crisis.
Date and time: November, 28, 2021
Place: Hall 302 | Education Building | Tishk International University – Erbil
- A background to the migration as a worldwide phenomenon
- the case of the migrants on the border of Poland and Belarus
- forced migration and the push and pull effects on migrants
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Neville D’Cunha, Tishk International University
- Dr. Mohammad Salih, Tishk International University
Outcome of the workshop:
The first session was presented by Dr. Neville D’Cunha, in which he explained the forced migration and the push and pull effects on migrants. Dr. D’Cunha also highlighted the main problems of the migrants and the issues they are facing.
In the second session, Dr. Mohammad Salih mainly focused on the case of the migrants on the border of Poland and Belarus. He explained the migration crisis that is happening on the borders and the reasons that triggered and caused it. The legal aspects of the crisis were also discussed.