Faculty: Faculty of Engineering
Department: Architecture Engineering
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
The workshop conducted on “XR Technologies for Preserving and Re-Imagining Our Past”. The main reason of this workshop was to familiarize both instructors and students to the recent technological advances to be applied in the universities and facilitate learning through it, namely, XR technology that can have a positive influence in engaging students to the course contents.
Participants: There were 15+ participants.
Date and time: 18.04.2022, time: 09:30-16:00
Place: TIU, Sulaymaniyah campus, Conference Hall
- “How VR and AR technologies are changing our world.”
- “A new approach in architecture education,” presented by Dr. Hozan Latif Rauf
- Participants in this session tested both AR & VR projects done by the DCH
- The fourth session was sharing the experiences of the XR tools by the students and instructors and listening to the suggestions
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Rozhen Kamal ,Sulaimani Polytechnic University
- Hozan Latif Rauf , Tishk International University-Sulaimani
Outcome of the workshop:
The workshop concluded with, the necessity of the XR-technology be used in preserving our past as well as to be introduced to the education of architecture so as to make students to be more involved into the courses’ contents.