Faculty: Faculty of Education
Department: Biology Education
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
· Developing proper attitudes towards teaching
· Enabling the prospective teacher to acquire understanding of child psychology.
· Enabling teachers to make proper use of instructional facilities.
· Enabling teachers to understand the significance of individual differences of child and to take appropriate steps for their optimum development.
Participants: More than 70 participants
Date and time: 26.February.2022 10:00 am. – 2:30 pm.
Place: TIU campus – conference hall
1. Why Continuing Development Matters
2. The Use of Technology in Teaching Science to Young Children
3. How to Make Kids to Love Science Classes.
4. Challenges for New Teachers and Ways of Coping with Them
5. Importance of Teacher Self Preparation Before the Class.
Presenters names and affiliations:
Mr. Muhammed Canbaloglu has over 10 years of experience in Education and Teaching as an English Language Teacher and currently is a Senior Education Officer for Stirling Schools.
Mr. Jegr Jabbar Ismael – Head of Science Department at Ronaki Primary School
Ms. Azhin Abdullah Head of Science Department at Montessori School
Ms. Zhwan Taha Hamaamin – Experienced Teacher at Nilufer Girls’ High School.
Ms. Yeşem Fidan – Head of Science Department and Experienced Teacher at Ronaki International School
Outcome of the workshop:
Based on the presentations and active discussion which have been done during the workshop the following outcomes have net:
· Teachers can leverage technology to achieve new levels of productivity, implement useful digital tools to expand learning opportunities for students, and increase student support and engagement.
· Teaching is not only knowledge transferring process, but it needs to be done in a way that enable students to real life.
· Effective teacher should not only focus on finishing the syllabus, but they should have long term vision where quality learning is emphasized.
· How to overcome the first-year challenges which any fresh teacher might face.
· What make science classes to be tough for the students, and how to effectively teach to make students impressed and accept.
· How teacher self-preparation always needed and effective.