Faculty of Dentistry
Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
Direct veneers are composite-based restorations that are applied directly on teeth in order to change the shape or color of a tooth or teeth in a single visit. The workshop covered the basis of tooth preparation and direct veneer technique, with a highly practical and clinical approach.
- To enable the participants to recognize the advantages and the disadvantages of direct veneers.
- To enable the participants to recognize the indications and the contraindications of direct veneers.
- To enable the participants to understand how to apply various principles to of tooth preparation.
- To enable the participants to understand how to get the desired results through shade selection.
- To enable the participants to do direct veneering in a scientific way.
- To enable the participants to debate clinical case.
Participants: 34 academic staff of the Dentistry Faculty and 37 undergraduate students of TIU participated in the workshop
Date and time: October, 14, 2021
Place: Dentistry Building | Tishk International University – Erbil
- First Session: Introducing and discussing the basis of Direct Composite Veneer.
- Second Session: Hands-on training regarding tooth preparation and direct veneer technique.
Presenters names and affiliations:
Dr. Karam Ahmad (Conservative Department ) Tishk International University.
Outcome of the workshop:
The workshop simplified the principles of tooth preparation for making direct composite veneer, while explaining the advantages, disadvantages, indications and contraindications of the technique and enabled the participants to do the procedure of direct veneering in a practical way.