Faculty of Dentistry
Type of the workshop: International workshop
The workshop in brief:
QuickSleeper5 is a state-of-the-art electronic pen that efficiently and comfortably performs all your dental anaesthesia – including osteocentral anaesthesia – quickly and without failure.
By enabling injections into the cancellous bone close to the apex, QuickSleeper delivers anaesthesia that is instantaneous and without numbness to the surrounding soft tissues. The system also allows for effortless anaesthetizing of mandibular molars, even with pulpitis.
- To enable the participants to understand the painless anesthesia technique.
- To enable the participants to use the painless anesthesia technique in their clinics and daily practice.
- To enable the participants to give the anesthesia to their patients in an easier way and without any discomfort.
- To enable the participants to anesthetize patients that are contraindicated to take classical local anesthesia
Participants: 105 participants from staff, alumni, and students of the Faculty of Dentistry-TIU, in addition to external dentists, participated in the workshop
Date and time: November, 18, 2021
Place: Dentistry Building | Tishk International University – Erbil
- First Session: Introducing and discussing the quick sleeper5 device’s function and usage.
- Second Session: Hands-on training on how to do painless anesthesia using quicksleeper5 on a patient.
Presenters names and affiliations:
Dr. Stephane Diaz, specialist in intraosseous dental anesthesia, France
Outcome of the workshop:
The workshop clarified the usage, indications, and contraindications of the quicksleeper5 painless anesthesia device and enabled the participants to have a broad knowledge about this technique in order to get benefit from it in treating their patients.