Faculty: Faculty of Education
Department: Biology Education
Type of the workshop: International workshop
The workshop in brief:
- To discuss the possible traditional and modern treatments regarding COVID-19.
- To know the effect of COVID-19 on human life.
- To learn more about problems and precautions about COVID-19.
- To know more about how COVID-19 affects the human immunity system.
- To learn about modern management regarding COVID-19.
Participants:More than 150 participants
Date and time: November, 27, 2021 9:30 am. – 3:30 pm.
Place: TIU campus-Online
- Ethnobotanical studies and publication in a world of Nagoya Protocol and post SARS-CoV-2.
- COVID-19 disease, a Malaysian synopsis on individual treatment.
- COVID-19 and ecological consequences.
- Analysis of Cytokines in Serum of Covid-19 Patients in Erbil City, Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Prof. Dr. Rainer W. Bussmann, Ilia State University, Georgia.
- Prof. Dato Dr. Ahmad Zubaidi Abdul Latif , University of Sultan Zainal Abidin, Terengganu, Malaysia.
- Dr. Saber W. Hamd, Tishk International University, Erbil, KRG, Iraq.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Mohammed Merza, Hawler Medical University, Kurdistan Region-Iraq.
Outcome of the workshop:
Based on the presentations and active discussion which have been done during the workshop the following outcomes have net:
- Besides of modern treatment techniques, the traditional treatment still can have positive impacts on different diseases including COVID-19.
- Beside of vaccine modification and advancement on COVID-19 research, it can be still life-threatening disease in human population. Thus, precautions and preventions always are crucial.
- As COVID-19 has impacts on different aspects on human life. Ecosystem is also been affected mainly during the quarantine as different ecological events happened.
- COVID-19 has different impacts on human body, various immune response would take place in the body, thus different cytokines get changed during coronavirus infection.