Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
The workshop helps the participants to develop their scientific writing skills and be familiar with articles and thesis/essay writing in an accurate way according to the international academic guidelines to be able to publish their academic writings in national and international journals.
- To enable the participants to know how to formulate a research question.
- To enable the participants to find and review academic literature.
- To enable the participants to learn about paraphrasing the cited paragraphs correctly.
- To enable the participants to learn about Thesis (essay) structuring and paragraph structuring.
- To enable the participants to learn how to link academic paragraphs to each other correctly.
- To enable the participants to know the differences between different writing resources materials that can be utilized for academic writing like case reports, systematic reviews, review articles, experimental studies…etc., and identifying the scientific value of each of them.
Number of participants: 52 participants attended (from faculty members, 5th grade students and some of master program students from Hawler Medical University had attended to the workshop).
Date and time:
February 22, 2021 at 13:30.
TIU, Dentistry Faculty Building.
- A Brief introduction to a scientific writing.
- Hands-on training regarding (paraphrasing, sentence and paragraph structuring).
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Dr.Ranj Nadhim Jalal, BDS, PhD (TIU/Dentistry Faculty-Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department).
Outcome of the workshop:
- Finding and reviewing literature.
- Thesis (essay) structuring.
- Sentence and paragraph structuring.