Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
A Temporary Anchorage Device (TAD) can help orthodontists overcome treatment challenges. TADs are tiny surgical screws that orthodontist places in designated locations in the jaw.
- To enable the participants to know about the importance of TADs in orthodontics.
- To enable the participants to know the different types of TADs used in orthodontics, and know the characteristics of each type.
- To enable the participants about the indications and contraindations of TADs.
- To enable the participants to use the TADs during the orthodontic treatment.
- Teach them how to use the TADs during the orthodontic appliances.
Number of participants: 20 participants (from staff and 5th grade students attended the workshop).
Date and time:
February 24, 2021 at 10:30.
TIU, Dentistry Faculty Building.
The workshop included the following sessions: ·
First Session: A Brief introduction to TADs.
Second Session: Hands-on training regarding (TADs placement).
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Dr. Omer Sabah, BDS, MSc, PhD (TIU/Dentistry Faculty-Orthodontics Department).
Outcome of the workshop:
- The workshop enabled the participants to have Full information about the anchorage, types of TADs, insertion of TADs, and Safety areas of TADs insertion.