Type of the workshop: National workshop
The workshop in brief:
Teaching English in non-English Speaking countries is an enduring challenge due to the rapid changes of today’s world that is marked by an unprecedented competition so continuous research is highly required. From perspective, the aim of this workshop is to reveal the current challenges in language teaching and learning and to figure out specific ideas to solve these by giving EFL teachers opportunities where they share their experiences.
Participants: 73 participants from TIU, Salahaddin, and Gasha Technical Institute.
Date and time: September 09, 2021.
Place: On-Campus, Tishk International University.
- Teaching Writing: Punctuation and Mechanics.
- Assessing Writing: Formative and Constructive Feedback.
- Do we Teach a Textbook or Language proficiency?
- Foreign Language Policy in the Light of Sociopolitical Developments: A Case of English in Kurdistan Region.
Presenters names and affiliations:
- Karwan Karim – TIU.
- Rizgar Qasim Mahmood- Salahaddin University.
- Hiwa Fouad & Reman Sabah – TIU.
- Momen Yaseen M.Amin- Gasha Technical Institute.
Outcome of the workshop:
- Improving curriculum and syllabus.
- To update the policies in curriculum and syllabus design.
- Giving recommendations to foreign language learners and teachers in terms of collaboration and communication.
- Reflective articles that meet the demands of the 21st century education.